BestSong200 | DreamDance | Verses | Fav-short | 2008-1, 2, 3 | 2009-1, 2 | 08 Crisis | 08 Election | 新人新诗 | 新人报到 | 大国政治| 2010 | 2011 | 2012-1 2 | 2013 | “醉是音乐”俱乐部 1, 2 | |
美国梦 (三) - Green Card
1. u.s. edu - 2-6 yrs
2. green card appli process - 5 yrs.
- h1 (practical training - 1 yr)
- labor certificate 3 month after h1
- I140 - 3 yrs - stuck
- FBI name check - no our files from INS to FBI - no response/help from INS - stuck - 0.5 yr
- seek help from congressman office - get our files from INS to FBI for name check (says computer glitch. no verification) - 0.5 yr
- I485 - finger print - green card.
1. want to stay in u.s. - get u.s. degree, h1 job and/or green card
- If you want to stay in canada or u.s., you need to get a job to survive.
- In order to get a job, you need to u.s. degree and you need to have u.s. green card or h1.
- In bad time, most u.s. companies do not provide h1 sponsorships.
- in canada, it seems you don't need to worry about h1, with 2-3 yrs graduate study or under, you can get canada green card.
- With canada gc, if you want, you can come to u.s. to work.
- To get u.s. university advanced degree, like MA/MS/PhD, it is not easy. It is a lot of work and finance investment.
- It is even harder to get u.s. green card or h1.
- Normally, it takes 5 years or at least 2-3 years to get GC. ==> h1, laber certificate, I140, FBI name check, I485, finger print, GC.
2. home ownership - 6 yrs after green card, due to house bubble melt-down and 08' economic crisis
美国梦 (一) - 读书
// no daddy to help, but only rely on oneself.
6. what's next? // keep in mind. your goal is not to get a degree only. but it is to get a job. prep yourself early: get degree, internship, do job interview early (write a shining resume, get professional experience, practice phone, onsite interviews, and ultimately get a job offer.)
※ 来源： http://www.JiaoYou8.com ※